2021 Event Schedule
Early Season Rides
With the arrival of March with its fluctuating temperatures, many of the city’s trails and roads become quite treacherous because of ice patches which linger due to shade, banked snow ridges, etc. The paved roads outside of the city, being exposed to the full sun, dry out much more quickly. The Saskatoon Cycling Club will be offering rides from different meeting points outside the city to where participants will transport their bikes in their vehicles.
WHEN: These weekends rides will take place either on a Saturday OR Sunday according to the weather forecast.
DEPARTURE TIME: 1:30 pm (mornings are still quite cool at this time of the year). This will be reviewed as the warmer weather arrives.
NOTIFICATIONS: These will be twofold. There will be a “POSSIBLE ride” club email sent out on Thursday. A “CONFIRMATION/CANCELLATION ride” email will be sent out the morning of the POSSIBLE ride at around 9:00 am taking into account the weather conditions which can be quite unstable at this time of the year.
The LOCATION of the meeting place will be given at this time taking into account the wind direction,etc if the ride goes ahead.
Club members must email the club before NOON the day of the ride to indicate their participation.
Wednesday Evening Ride
- Every Wednesday evening starting May 5th
- Meet at Preston Crossing Retail Centre at 6:15pm
- The ride will depart at 6:30pm
- The meeting place is on the square near the Starbucks / Fatburger / Bar Barrito.
- Rides depart at 10:00AM
- Meeting place: Varies
- These rides will be a couple of hours in length and will be tailored to suit those that are in attendance.
- Contact the club for details: firstname.lastname@example.org